If you are considering higher education in China, the first question you have is probably, what is it like to study at a Chinese university?
To satiate your curiosity, we asked our friends Camilla, Emily, Viktoria, and Fredericka* to share their experiences at Beijing universities.
*Name changed at interviewee's request
1. What Chinese university did you attend and when did you graduate?
2. What was your degree program?
Fredericka: Masters in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages.
3. Is it necessary to know Chinese to study at a Chinese university?
4. What was your level of Chinese going into the program?
5. Why did you want to attend your university?
6. Are there scholarships available for international students who study at a Chinese university?
7. How did you make friends during your time at university?
8. What was your favorite part about attending your university?
9. What was your least favorite part?
10. Do you have any advice for foreigners applying to study at a Chinese university?
Responses have been edited for length and clarity.
Whether you are preparing to study at a Chinese university,
or if you simply want to study Chinese,
why wait any longer?
Sign up for Chinese classes in Beijing or online today!
Sign up for Chinese classes by scanning the QR code below
or sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more Chinese culture or Culture Yard news?
Scan the QR code below to follow our official WeChat account!